Every retail store is going to be unique in the products, shelves, and areas of the store that they want their commercial cleaning company to focus on. This checklist is more of a generic guideline to help ensure that the professional cleaning service you hired is completing professional level service .
Retail cleaning checklist:
- One of the first things that any potential customer will notice upon entering your store is the floor. Is your floor well kept? Has your commercial cleaning company buffed out all of the scuff marks and made your floor as shiny as possible? There should be an absence of stains on all carpets. Nothing makes your store look shabbier than having stained and scuffed floors.
- Every shelf, from the very top to the very bottom, should be dusted and any products sitting on the shelf should be removed before dusting to ensure that all areas are kept clean.
- Olfactory sense of a location is one of the most memorable things that humans unconsciously take note of when entering an area. If your store smells musty, dank, or otherwise unpleasant then your customers will unconsciously remember your location as unclean. Avoid this by hiring a retail cleaning company who leaves your store smelling fresh and clean.
- Dressing rooms
- If you are a retail clothing store, your dressing rooms MUST be immaculate. No one wants to try on clean clothing in a dirty dressing room.
- Restrooms should be a given, but if your retail cleaning company isn’t doing a GREAT job in there, then it may be time to call Alliance Maintenance Services.